Would you like to eat fries and stay thin?
A too strict diet can come back to haunt you in a bad way.
There are cases when people who had been depriving themselves with the good stuff like cake ends up eating the whole lot instead of just a slice. Allowing yourself to eat the things that give you pleasure in moderation is the key to maintaining your healthy diet.
But what is a moderate eating?
For a foodie, a large order of fries every week will sound fair. The gym rat will say a small order with no condiments like mayonnaise once every three months would suffice.
Who is making the right choice?
Both of them are…
Remember, it is all about making the right choices for yourself.
Always choose the one you love the most.
- If you love pizza, skip the milk shake.
- If you want the cheeseburger, do it without the soda and fries.
- If you want the cake, let go of the sloppy joe.
Balance these indulgences with exercise and healthy diet.
Tips on How to Enjoy Food without the Guilt
Just remember the following:
- If have issues on health or overweight, talk to your doctor first before you undergo any diet or exercise.
- It is important that you also know your ideal weight and you do some exercise. Otherwise, the food you eat will not be a reward but the bane of your existence in the future.
- Do not be afraid to carry a diary of food with you at all times. It will help you keep track of what you ate the whole week. It will also remind you to not over indulge. It will make you consider how you would balance an indulgence with a healthy meal.
Decadence that you can allow yourself to enjoy
- French Fries – A potato dipped in oil is no longer a vegetable so this is best paired with a salad. It does taste good especially when it still hot and crispy. But have you noticed how it does not taste as great if you do not eat it as soon as you placed it on the table? The solution: order just small share to enjoy.
- Cheeseburger – Sure you can treat yourself to a piece—once a week. If you have been eating healthy the whole week, this would be a nice prize for a job well done. If you can grill your own, choose a turkey patty to reduce some of the guilt.
- Bacon – Four slices of sizzling pork bacon would be great on a weekend. Just make sure that you reduce your intake of salt six days before and after your treat day.
- Ice cream – If you are having a hard time resisting this cold treat, then grab a cup of vanilla flavored ones. Another nicer option is frozen yogurt. There are a lot of brands out there with great flavors. You can even add up some strawberries, banana, almonds, or walnuts into the mix.
Chris Cruz writes for TopBeautySecrets.org. It’s goal is to compare the best beauty products online and give the honest information from a well researched reviews of beauty products that are in-demand. Discover the best eye cream for dark circles and lashes grow products at topbeautysecrets.org