Are you suffering from oily skin? Learn where this unwanted oil comes from, then we’ll provide some amazingly easy tips for you.
Our skin has natural oils that help to maintain the moisture. Sometimes, the oil glands work more and produce more oil to make your face have a stick look. This can lead to various problems like acne. If you do not take care of your skin properly and use the wrong treatments, it can cause over dryness or oily nature. This can worsen the condition of your skin. Choose the right products and treat your facial skin gently to reduce the oil production. Keep your skin well hydrated and balanced. If you are suffering from oily skin, here are a few things you can do to prevent this condition.
- Avoid washing your face more than two times daily.
- Cosmetics that contain excess mineral oils are not good. They may only worsen the condition.
- If you have blackheads or whiteheads, avoid squeezing them. It can cause spots on your face and lead to severe scars.
- Consume a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins B and C such as corn, beans, wheat germ, fruits, nuts and vegetables.
- Use a good quality skin cream containing no preservatives or alcohol.
- Try to consume a natural diet and avoid processed and fried foods.
- Choose a good cream that has the right amount of natural oils. They may not clog the pores or cause acne. They may be useful for naturally moisturizing your skin along with the skin oils present in your skin.
- Passion fruit oil is good for people with oily skin. It can help to control the production of oil and normalize its texture.
- Cleanse your face two times a day using a soap-free and gentle cleanser. Avoid scrubbing and rinse well with cool water.
- To calm the oil production, you can also apply cool compress to your face. Use a clean cloth dipped and wrung in cool water and lay it over your face for one minute.
- Use a cotton ball dipped in toner and wipe it all over your face. Try to use a toner made of aloe vera or herbal extracts. Avoid using ones that contain alcohol.
- If you have dry areas on your skin, use oil free moisturizers on the area alone to hydrate those areas. Avoid overusing the moisturizers.
- Clay pack once a week is ideal. It absorbs the excess oil and balances the oil on your skin.
- Steaming your face at least twice a week is also very useful. It deeply cleans the pores and keeps them clean.
- Drink a lot of water always. It helps to keep your skin hydrated and improves the texture. Avoid using carbonated drinks.
Apart from these, you can also use certain homemade masks for getting rid of the excess oil from your face. Some of the simple facial masks can be made by using a mixture of lemon juice and egg white, honey and cinnamon powder, milk and oatmeal, etc. When your skin is hydrated naturally, it will reduce excess oil production and make your skin healthy and radiant.
About the author: Kate is a blogger by profession. She loves writing on topics related to beauty like latest makeup and fashion trends. Beside this she is a fitness freak. These days she is busy in writing an article on mens health.